Saturday 19 March 2011

a little flare

So I kept silent yesterday, along with many other bloggers, for the Blogger's Day of Silence for Japan.

I didn't 'get dressed' today (was running late for work, as usual) so I am posting what I wore yesterday anyway.  Actually that's a lie.  I got dressed, took some photos, threw on some black tights and my black suede booties.  It was still too chilly for hose and flats (seen here).  So I really tried to believe it was spring, and wore this light springtime coat on my walk to work, and nearly had to jump in a cab on the walk home from work that night because I was frozen.  (But I'm a student so I just walked faster instead.)  And today we woke up to the return of zero degrees.  Sad.

Trench, Forever 21 (clearance rack last year), $15. Navy stiped dress, Guess, $105.
Scarf, Coach, $too expensive for a student to buy. Sunglasses, H&M, $7.
Gold flats, H&M, $15.  Bag, U.O., $40.

I took the tripod outside for the first time.  It didn't work out so well, and I only managed one shot that was 'postable'.  For my first time experimenting, I am okay with that.  I look forward to further experiments, perhaps in some of the more scenic areas in our neighbourhood.  There are some lovely heritage buildings waiting for me. 

Earrings, H&M, $3.
This photo is for Aron.  He is in BC and hasn't seen my haircut yet.  Here ya go baby!

I am still so dead.  Work work work until our departure on Thursday for Miami. Aiming to hand in a major paper Tuesday night then spend Wednesday picking out all of my super fabulous warm-weather attire!

3 comments:

  1. I love trenches with some volume on the bottoms - I can't believe yours is from F21!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -AND- it was on clearance! A total find. I am in the process of hunting for new buttons for it though on the advice of a friend... Maybe something in gold? Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am first time on your blog but I really like it. You have so beautiful face and lovely smile.
    I love your coat on that photos, greetings from Cyprus (Greek Island) Katerina

    ReplyDelete