Thursday 17 March 2011

spring has sprung?

I am so dead.  Schoolwork is lagging.  But I got a hair cut and felt really great today.  Down to serious business after this post.  I mean it.

Dress, Mendocino ($110 on clearance). Leggings, U.O. ($20?).
Cardigan, Old Navy ($30?).
Amazingawesome shoes, Bass, $120.
Rushed self-portrait that does not do the new cut justice.
Courtesy Emma Rose @ The Cabinet Salon.

Can I tell you how much I love these shoes.  I tried them on this morning because I just wanted to be sure they were going back to the store (I picked them up last week, right after I said no more shopping, again).  I had been coveting oxfords forever but I couldn't get away with flats—they just didn't look right.  When I saw these I fell in love.  They are a perfect height for me (2 1/2") as I am tall to begin with (5' 8 1/2").  I also do a lot of walking so super high heels are just not practical.  So anyway, I tried these on this morning and I literally squealed with delight.  Sorry, wallet.  I really am.

BTW visitors, I see you visiting there.  Why not follow me?  I kind of feel like a big loser with no followers.  Honorable mention to my mother, who tried to follow me but hasn't quite yet succeeded.  My mom loves me, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Shoes are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes are pretty great. i'm with you on not wearing flats, although i prefer a higher heel! maybe it's cause i'm not 5'8 1/2" (jealous)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always want what you don't have, no? I wish I was a little shorter so I could actually wear wedges. I put them on now and I feel like a giant. :(

    Love these wedges so much.... but can never have...

    ReplyDelete